Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Daily Struggle (cont')

Galatians 5:16 - "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

In my last post I talked about my experiences with the daily struggle and how the flesh and the Spirit contend with each another because they are contrary to one another... Well, I was just reading a few passages that crossed my mind today and I happened to read the above verse. That verse really helped me to remember something very important: We don't have to struggle against our fleshly lusts, and when we do it is because we are not allowing Him to lead us in the paths of righteousness and restore our souls (Psalm 23:3).

God says in Galatians 5:16 "Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." If we are walking in the Spirit, constantly communing with Christ through the Spirit of Truth (John 16:13), and continuously relying upon God's Word as a grafted branch abiding in the Vine (John 15:4) we will not allow ourselves to fulfil the lusts that the flesh desires to fulfil. What I believe our problem is (what my problem is too) is that we don't remember this truth all the time, when we ought to. Our enemy and our flesh is very good at getting us to feel "trapped" in our sinful nature, that is, when we give place to the Devil and to sin (Ephesians 4:27). He is a deceitfully wicked, sly, roaring lion that roams around (1Peter 5:8), seeking for the most opportune time to take hold of the places we have allowed him to access and then gruesomely attacks our most vulnerable areas. We must remember, I must remember, that through faith in Christ (1Peter 5:9) sin has no power over the redeemed (Romans 6:7), and that nothing "shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:35-39)."

Press toward the mark... (Philippians 3:14)


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: