Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The true meaning of rainbows...

Genesis 9:8-17 
8 ¶ And God spake unto Noah, and to
his sons with him, saying,
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant
with you, and with your seed after
you;
10 And with every living creature that
is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle,
and of every beast of the earth with you;
from all that go out of the ark, to every
beast of the earth.
11 And I will establish my covenant
with you, neither shall all flesh be cut
off any more by the waters of a flood;
neither shall there any more be a flood
to destroy the earth.
12 And God said, This is the token of
the covenant which I make between me
and you and every living creature that
is with you, for perpetual generations:
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it
shall be for a token of a covenant between
me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I
bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow
shall be seen in the cloud:
15 And I will remember my covenant,
which is between me and you and every
living creature of all flesh; and the
waters shall no more become a flood to
destroy all flesh.
16 And the bow shall be in the cloud;
and I will look upon it, that I may remember
the everlasting covenant
between God and every living creature
of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17 And God said unto Noah, This is
the token of the covenant, which I have
established between me and all flesh that
is upon the earth.

What I find fascinating is that verse 16 means that every time we stand in awe as we look upon the beauty of a rainbow, God is also looking down out of heaven at that same rainbow. How incredible is that?!?! :)

No comments: